1. Teaser (Kahoot Q1)
case 1: ACSL Timesheet (acsl_time sheets_1_jr.doc)
case 2: ACSL ABC (abc_3_jr.docx)
The corresponding code of the two cases are demoed here in Codiva.
3. Prompts: in reviewing the code, you might have the following questions.
1. What is an import statement?
2. What are java.io.IOException, java.io.FileReader, Scanner and String?
3. What is a "public class"?
4. Clue 1: To answer these questions, let's think about what programming languages are and why we need them in the first place. (Kahoot Q2)
Elaboration 1.1: https://mikkegoes.com/programming-language-paradigm-terms-explained/
Elaboration 1.2: (PPT-L1 Slides 2-8)
Prompts & Check : Some of the reasons why we need object-oriented programming paradigm (Kahoot Q3-7).
5. Clue 2 : Key values of OOP
Elaboration 2.1: (PPT-L1 Slides 10-14)
Prompts & Check : Features of object-oriented programming paradigm (Kahoot Q8-13).
6. Clue 3: The concepts of classes and objects
Elaboration 3.1: (PPT-L1 Slides 16-25)
Prompts & Check : Definitions of classes and objects (Kahoot Q15-21).
7. Clue 4: Examples of classes and objects
Elaboration 4.1: (PPT-L1 Slides 27-29), main() method and some known classes
Prompts & Check : What's next? - more about classes and objects
Create a class to demonstrate 3 methods of the following classes: String, Math, Integer
Create 2 objects of Scanner class and demonstrate the difference of these two objects.
(Coding Practice): acsl_scrabble