You can use online IDE such as Repl or Codiva. After a while, it is recommended that you switch to a professional IDE such as Eclipse.
- Check the latest Eclipse version for you laptop (windows or mac)
- Check which java version is required for the Eclipse version to install
- Check what java version is installed on your laptop currently, if Java has been installed.
- Download and install Java of required version
- Set Java classpath environment variables on windows or mac
- Download and unpack Eclipse
C. Useful links on Eclipse:
- Shortcut keys to add/remove comments, including Java doc comments