A. 1-D Array (Example 1: FRQ#4 of 2018 sample solutions)
- How to declare and initialize an array of varied length?
- How to traverse an array using for loops and for-each loops to find the max/min/total/mean?
- How to create an array of Money or Date objects?
- How to use Array variables in a class? (as instance variables, static variables or local variables)
- How to pass an array as a parameter to a method or take an array as a return value?
B. 2-D Array (Example 2: FRQ#4 of 2017 )
- Is a 2-D array(matrix) an array of 1-D / row arrays?
- How to traverse a 2-D array using nested for loops or for-each loops?
- How to pass a 2-D array as a parameter or take a 2-D array as a return value?
C. What is the best or worst case of an array algorithm?
When traversing an array to process, depends on the situation, the amount of processing may vary. The best case is when the necessary procession is the least, the worst case is when the necessary procession is the most.
D. What is the disadvantage of arrays?
Inefficient to insert or delete elements.
E. Practice of the week:
- All array questions of Chapter 7 "Arrays and Array Lists" (Barron's)
- FRQ#3 of 2016